Thursday, March 8, 2012

Perfect Blondie Recipe (aka butterscotch brownies)

In the continuing saga of how awesome Betty Crocker's cookbook is, I am sharing her recipe for blondies. In case you haven't run across these yet, they have a brownie consistency but are made with lots of brown sugar, so they taste like delicious butterscotch. I am not a huge baker because I am sort of impatient and get freaked out by the mass quantities of butter required for most yummy baked goods. But Betty tells me these are "low fat" (not low sugar of course, but we're not quibbling), and most of the time I have all the ingredients in the house. Plus they are almost impossible to screw up, so here you go!

The recipe calls for using the usual square pan, but I have these cake pans that are non-stick by Circulon, and nothing ever, ever sticks to them. So this is my pan of choice if I'm ever making something that is sticky or messy!

Before shot. Mmm even looks like butterscotch!



After, couldn't wait to take a bite


And just to mix things up a bit, while they were still warm, I used cookie cutters to make cute shapes. The only thing better than a blondie is a blondie that looks like a cookie! =)




P.S. Posting this one at a link party!

Weekend Bloggy Reading

1 comment:

  1. Yum! My mom used to make these when we were little and I still remember how excited we would get when she pulled them out of the oven. They were SOOOoooo good!
    XO - Marion

    ReplyDelete