Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Curry Ketchup Recipe

The other day I was looking for a recipe to bring as an appetizer to a friend's house. I thought chickpea patties sound really yummy and easy (my first mistake). Hubbie suggested that I make curry ketchup for dipping, like they do at T'afia (one on my favorite restaurants in Houston) for their Chickpea Fries. The only thing that turned out to be easy was the ketchup. You could totally dip frozen french fries in this- it completely elevates whatever you dip it in. The funny thing is, I don't think I even LIKE curry or ketchup. I might even dig out a real curry recipe to try sometime soon!

As for patties...sometimes bad recipes happen to good people. I blended all the ingredients together like the recipe said, decided to bake them and spooned into muffin tins. Then I realized i had FORGOTTEN to add the mashed potatoes. So I had to spoon it all out and blend it up again. At this point, chickpea goo was on everything- on my jeans, the floor, all over the counter, the entire blender...plus the texture was sort of strange. I ended up deciding to fry them, which actually went OK on our brand new electric griddle. Ended up taking way longer than expected, like an hour. I could have cooked an actual dinner in that time! They ended up tasting good, but I guess everyone has to have a few misses sometimes.

Silly me, I forgot to take a picture, this is borrowed 
Red Curry Ketchup Recipe:

1/2 cup of ketchup
1 tbs lime juice
2 tsp curry powder

Mix it all together and dip to your heart's content!

Update...this is the super easy version. I am so adding this harder one to my list for when I have more time!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes-and-cooking/50-condiments/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment