Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Edamame Bruschetta Spread Recipe from Honest Vanilla

Happy Tuesday, folks! I can't take a lot of credit for this recipe, but I just HAD to share the love. I did adapt it a bit to make it even easier than the original recipe. I am a huge fan of letting my blender do the work for me- you should be too!

I made this when a few friends came over for dinner the other day, and I seriously could spread this stuff on bread all day long. They said it reminded them of Guacamole. So yummy, and a great quick appetizer when you are having people over.

Edamame Bruschetta
This recipe makes a LOT, enough to serve at least 6, and maybe more if you have more than one appetizer.

1/2 cup of herbs (I did a combo of basil, parsley and lemon mint from my patio)
3 garlic cloves
Half a 16 ounce bag of shelled Edamame
2 tbs of olive oil
1 tbs of grated parmesan
Salt and pepper to taste
Baguette

Put the Edamame in the microwave with a little water for 3-4 minutes until defrosted. While your waiting, put the herbs, de-skinned garlic and olive oil in your blender/food processer and whirl it about until it's nicely crushed together. Slice your baguette into little crostinis and pop in the oven at 350 degree for about 10 minutes or until nicely toasted. Make about five pieces for each person.

When the microwave part is done, drain most of the water and add the Edamame to the blender. Blend it together until it is just a little chunky. Add a little water if it's not incorporating well. Dump the spread in a small serving bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir in the Parmesan. Serve with the crispy bread on the side and let people put as much as they want on each piece.

This recipe tastes great both hot and cold, and I am pretty sure leftovers would taste just as yummy spread on a sandwich the next day.

Adapted from:
http://www.honestvanilla.com/2011/02/edamame-bruschetta.html

No comments:

Post a Comment